Book online bus tickets to Payyannur By SONA Travels.
SONA Travels takes you to the Payyanur is a municipality situated in the Kannur district of Kerala, India. The place derives its name from the renowned Sri Subrahmanya Swami Temple located here. Payyan is an appellation of Lord Subrahmanya and ooru means "the place". Thus Payyanur means the land of Lord Subrahmanya. Payyanur is also well known for Pavithra Mothiram, Astrology, art forms like Theyyam and Poorakkali, and historical movements like that held at Korom.
The places near Payyannur.
Other places near Payyanur is.
Pilathara 8 km from Payyannur, Korom 5 km from Payyanur, Bekal Fort 40 km from Payyanur, Payyambalam Beach 40 km from Payyanur, Ezhimala 6 km from Payyanur Town, kunhimangalam village 8 km from payyannur town, Kavvayi Island 3 km from Payyanur, Ramanthali 7 km from Payyanur, Thayineri 2 km from Payyanur, Palli Haji Road 1.5 km from Payyanur
Payyanur SONA Travels is situated in the Kannur district of Kerala. Sprawling in the valley of the lofty Ezhimala Hills, Payyanur has a distinguished place in the history and culture of the country. The place derives its name from the renowned Sri Subrahmanya Swami Temple located here. 'Payyan' is an appellation of Lord Subrahmanya and ‘Ooru' means the place. Thus Payyanur means the land of Lord Subrahmanya. Payyanur is also well known for Pavithra Mothiram, Astrology, art forms like Theyyam and Poorakkali.
Payyanur SONA Travels is one of the ancient civilized places in Kerala. This north end town of Kerala claims a rich and glorious heritage . The archeological remaining excavated from Payyanur and nearby places prove the existence of a civilized city in this area centuries ago.
The famous travelers, who visited here, have described about this area in high words. The famous traveler Ibn Bathutha visited Ezhimala in AD 1342 and wrote about the big seaport and the Chinese ships anchored here. 1n AD 1273 Abul Fida and in AD 1293 the world famous traveler Marco Polo, and in 15th century the Italian traveler Nicholo Kondi also visited this place and had given a very good impression about Ezhimala port which was called by the name “Heli”. The Portuguese Scholar and traveler Barbosa who made lot of researches and studies on Kerala and its People had described a lot about this place.
Payyannur is the place of tourism made possible to visit by SONA Travels.
Book online bus tickets to Angamaly By SONA Travels
Chalakudy SONA Travels is a town and a municipality in the Thrissur district in the state of Kerala, India.
Athirappilly is thirty kilometres from Chalakudy. NH47 passes through the town. This is the main route to Sabarimala via MC road — Angamaly ,Muvattupuzha to Kottayam.
The name "Chalakudy" is derived from the word "Shalakudy", meaning a place where sacrifices are made. The best season to visit Chalakudy is December to March and also in monsoon season. The town is also famous for it's ever increasing liquor demand, breaking market records every season.
Interesting places around Chalakudy
* Chalakudy River (half a kilometre from town, to the south on NH-47 highway); it has one of the highest fish diversities in kerala(second in the whole India)
* In Chalakudy, KANNAMPUZHA Temple - An Ancient Devi temple situated in the heart of the town.
* SRI VELUPPILLY DHARMASHAASTHA Temple - A famous Ayyappa Temple, Annanad, Chalakudy.
* CHALAKUDY SREE KRISHNA KSHETRHAM, Chalakudy.
* In Chalakudy, St. Mary's Forane Church(It's in south junction) - It is a pilgrimage centre.It has Grotto and Holy Land.(Lifesize tableau of biblical scenes in the life of Jesus Christ).
* Divine Retreat Centre, Muringoor. (Largest retreat in the world) (Meloor gramapanchayath) 2 km from Chalakudy town
* In Chalakudy, Korattymuthy's Marian Pilgrimage Travel Destination and Rosary Village at about 5 Kms. away.
* In Chalakudy, Dream World Water Theme Park (10 km east of Town; en route to the Athirappally water falls).
* In Chalakudy, Thumboormuzhy Check Dam & Garden (15 km east of Town; en route to the Athirappilly waterfalls).
* In Chalakudy, Oil palm Plantation (17 km from Town; en route to the Athirappilly waterfalls.
* In Chalakudy, Athirappilly Waterfalls (33 km east of Town).
* Ezhattumukham (7 km from Athirappilly; on the Angamaly route via Vettilappara bridge),20 km from chalakudy town(Muringoor-Ezhattumugham PWD road via Meloor, Poolany).
* In Chalakudy, Charpa Falls ( The enchanting but lesser known Charpa falls, which plunges on to the road during the monsoon, is a sight to watch and enjoy.) (31 km east of Town; after Athirappilly waterfalls).
* In Chalakudy, Vazhachal falls and Resorts (35 km east of Town; after Athirappilly waterfalls).
*In Chalakudy, Anakkayam ( About 37 km from Chalakudy on the Athirappilly route, Anakkayam means the "Elephant pit". It is noted for a lake with cool and placid waters. The place is a forest untouched by human encroachments and is a haven for those who wish to escape from concrete jungles. It attracts the visitor with its bubbling streams, natural rock formations and flora).
* In Chalakudy, Peringalkuthu Hydro Electric Project Dam (36 km from Town; in the direction of the Athirappilly water falls).
* In Chalakudy, Sholayar Dam Hydro Electric project.
* In Chalakudy, Parambikulam Wildlife Sanctuary.
* In Chalakudy, KINFRA Industrial Park, Konoor Road, Koratty
* Kannampuzha Temple,Chalakudy
* Sreedharamangalam Temple, Chalakudy.
* Marathompilli SreeKrishna Swami Temple, Chalakudy.
* Marathompilli SreeBharatha Swami Temple,Chalakudy.
* In Chalakudy, Chirangara Temple, Koratty
* In Chalakudy, Chittarickal Temple, Koratty
* In Chalakudy, St. Mary's church Koratty
* In Chalakudy, St. Antony's Church Perambra -Thrissur
* In Chalakudy, Fatima Matha Church Vellanchira
* In Chalakudy, Sree Subrahmanya swami temple, Poolany. It is famous for "Kavadiyattam" in February 1 week
* KOTHESWARAM Temple- An ancient SHIVA Temple in NAYARANGADY, 6km from chalakudy
*In Chalakudy, Mathama para -one big rock on the top of a hill in nayarangady
If you are inetersted in road drives, can use the road from chalakudy (State Highway 21) which leads to Pollachi via Valppara. This road passses through one of the thickest forest in India. the best enjoyable time is during end of monsoon, but make sure you have some big knifes to cut apart the trees which have fallen accross the roads.
The above places can be connected through SONA Travels