Book online bus tickets to Thrissur By SONA Travels
Thrissur SONA Travels is about this sound pronunciation formerly known as Trichur, is a city in the Indian state of Kerala. It is the headquarters of the Thrissur District. It is known as the 'Cultural Capital of Kerala'. Thrissur city is built around a 65-acre hillock called the Thekkinkadu Maidan which seats the Vadakkumnathan temple. This area is the city's cultural and spiritual centre, offering --- in addition to religious experiences --- an array of festivals and historical and natural sights. Thrissur is the fourth largest city in Kerala , after Kochi, Thiruvananthapuram and Kozhikode. The nearest international airport is Cochin International Airport, Nedumbassery.
According to data compiled by economics research firm Indicus Analytics on residences, earnings and investments, Thrissur SONA Travels ranked as the seventh best city in India to reside in. Indicus considered six parameters – health, education, environment, safety, public facilities and entertainment – for preparing their 'reside-in' index of liveability. Thrissur is the place where Christianity and Islam entered in to India, when Apostle St. Thomas set foot 2,000 years ago and the country’s first mosque opened in the 7th Century.
Thrissur SONA Travels is known for the Thrissur Pooram festival, the most colourful and spectacular temple festival in Kerala. The festival is held at the Thekkinkadu Maidan in April or May. Thrissur has a large number of well-known temples including the Thiruvambady Srikrishna temple, Vadakkumnathan temple and Paramekkavu temple, as well as two famous churches, the Our Lady of Lourdes Metropolitan Cathedral and the Basilica of Our Lady of Dolours. Thrissur is also the venue of Pulikali during Onam celebrations in August or September. Thrissur is an important business centre in South India as well as a leading shopping centers in Kerala for silks and gold jewelry. Thrissur ranks first in the number of domestic tourists in Kerala also. Apart from being the cultural nerve centre of Kerala, it is also a major academic hub and is home to several educational institutions including the Kerala Agricultural University and Kerala Institute of Local Administration (KILA).
Thrissur SONA Travels is a culturally rich city. Bestowed with breathtaking scenic beauty and warm, generous inhabitants, Thrissur acts as a time warp to the average tourist. It seems one has walked into a settlement that refuses to out grow its quaint, sylvan beauty. The ancient palaces and mansions, the cobbled streets belie the cultural progress made by the people of this beautiful place.
Places Of Interest In Thrissur City through SONA Travels
1) In Thrissur, the Shakthan Thampuran Palace, also known as Vadakkekara Palace was constructed by the great ruler of Cochin, Shakthan Thampuran and rebuilt in 1795 by Sri. Ramavarma Thampuran. The style of architecture bears considerable Dutch influences.
2) In Thrissur, the Church of Our Lady of Dolors, Thrissur is also known as the New Church and is the biggest church in South Asia.
3) In Thrissur, the Archeological & Art Museum at Thrissur is a depository of graceful stone sculptures, antique jewelry and intricately carved wooden handicrafts.
4) Thrissur Zoo houses a number of wildlife animals and attracts locals and tourists alike.
5) In Thrissur, Kerala Sahitya Academy in collaboration with the Kendriya Sahitya Academy in New Delhi aims at encouraging Malayalam language and promoting its literature especially to the younger generations..
6) In Thrissur, Kerala Lalitha Kala Academy (1962) was established in an attempt to promote the performing and fine arts of the state which had fallen into a decline.
7) In Thrissur, Kerala Sangeetha Nadaka Academy in Thrissur was established to promote dance, theater and music in Kerala. Thanks to its efforts Thrissur can now boast of a theatre with all modern amenities.
8) Vilangan Kunnu in Thrissur is a recreational center and a picnic spot where various amusement devices for children have been constructed.
The main attraction of the city of Thrissur is its culture. Tourists flock from all over the globe to participate in its festivals. Thrissur Pooram is an eight day long event and a spectacular elephant procession is the highlight of this festival. The elephants are decked in golden caparisons and make their way through the city thoroughfare amidst drumbeats, festivities and cheer. Devotees from the Thiruvambadi and the Paramekkavu temples follow these grand creatures and the deities idols are mounted on them. A brilliant firework display brings these festivals to a breathtaking end. Visitors may thus be advised to visit Thrissur in April- May when the Pooram festival is held or in the winter months when the weather is pleasant.
The above places can be visited through SONA Travels which makes the journey a happy journey.
Quick Links - Book Bus Tickets from Thrissur
Book online bus tickets to Sivakasi By SONA Travels
Sivakasi SONA Travels is an active town and a municipality in Virudhunagar district in the Indian state of Tamil Nadu. It is the capital of India’s firecracker industry with about 8,000 factories, big and small, producing 90 percent of the total fireworks output.
Linked to gigantic printing presses with in-house studios and artists, Sivakasi produces a kaleidoscopic range of colourful, kitsch posters and calendar art for millions in India. The town is famous all over India for its fireworks factories. There are almost 400 manufacturers based in this industrial city.
The Sivakasi is also known for its powerful printing industry and match-making industries. It was given the nickname "Kutty Japan" ('Mini Japan' in English) by Jawaharlal Nehru. Nearby towns are Srivilliputtur, Sattur and Thiruthangal.
The Holy places can be seen is-
1)In sivakasi, Sri Anandha Udhanda Madaswamy Kovil
2) In sivakasi,Swamy Kasi Viswanatha Thiru Kovil (Sivan Kovil)
3)In sivakasi,Murugan Kovil
4)In sivakasi, Pathira Kali Amman Thiru Kovil
5)In sivakasi, Maari Amman Thiru Kovil
6)In sivakasi, Sakkammal Thiru Kovil
7)In sivakasi, Kadai Kovil
8)Kamatchi Amman Kovil
9)In sivakasi,Kachakara Amman Kovil
10)In sivakasi, Perumal Kovil
11)In sivakasi, Ayyappa Swamy Thiru Kovil
12)In sivakasi, Karrupa Swamy Kovil
13)In sivakasi, UmaMaheshwari Amman Thiru Kovil
14) In sivakasi, 2 Churches and
15) In sivakasi, Bazaar Mosque near Canara Bank, The first & ancient mosque till the year 1700,
16) In sivakasi, Shafi mad'hab periya pallivasal till the year 1827,
17) In sivakasi, Hanafi mad'hab pallivasal,
18)In sivakasi, Madhina Pallivasai,
19) In sivakasi, Tamil Nagar Pallivasal,
20) In sivakasi, Thowheed Jamaath Pallivasal,
21)In sivakasi, Rserve line Pallivasal, Near E.S.I. Hospital
22) In sivakasi, Saratha Nagar Pallivasai,
23) In sivakasi, Masjidh e Peermohamed, Pallapatti,
24)In sivakasi,Zindha Sheik Madhar Darga,
25) In sivakasi, Passipatanam Naina Mohamed Darga,
26) In sivakasi, Sangoor Pethapan Darga, Coronation Colony,
27) In sivakasi, Padayali Sahib Darga, Near Sengamala Nachiyar Puram,
28) In sivakasi, wilayathulla Darga,
29) In sivakasi, Nagoor Andavar Darga,
30)In sivakasi, Ajmeer Kaja Mohideen Darga,
31) In sivakasi, Sivakasi Church of God, church
32) In sivakasi, Sivakasi East Gethsamne Prayer House
33)In sivakasi, Carmel Prayer Fellowship Church, Sivakasi
34)In sivakasi, Mispah Prayer House, Pallapatti
35) In sivakasi, Apostolic Christian Assembly, Tiruthangal
Another places to be visited in sivakasi is-
1)Srinivas Fine Arts, Lovely Offset and Gopsons set up huge book plants in Sivakasi
2)Despite tight restrictions Sivakasi proved it
3)Election business booms in the fireworks town of Tamil Nadu
4) Its boom time for flex board manufacturers
5) A disaster waiting to happen at Sivakasi
6)Sivakasi printing industry in decline
7) Start gauge conversion work at once Sivakasi MP
8) Units fall silent
9)Sivakasi student tops MBBS list
10) Multimedia campaign to begin in Sivakasi
11)Towards making `Little Japan' a world brand
12)Quarries pose danger of “tremor” in Sivakasi
13)Young Scientist Award, Lions Matric HSS
14)Sivakasi fireworks, made in China
Thus the above places can be visited in sivakasi through SONA Travels
About SONA Travels: