Book online bus tickets to Angamaly By SONA Travels
SONA Travels takes you to the Angamaly is a town and a municipality in Ernakulam district in the state of Kerala, India. It is the entry point or the gateway to Kochi city from the Northern parts of Kerala. It is a town that lies at the intersection of Main central road (MC Road) and National Highway. MC Road Start from the heart of Angamaly. Also a Municipality and a Legislative Assembly constituency in Ernakulam district.
Places in and around Angamaly through SONA Travels is Karayamparambu, Mookkannoor, Azhakam, Edakkunnu, Kothakulangara, Angadikadavu, Palli Angadi, Thurappan,Kunnu, Thurappan Kavala, Champannoor, Mallussery, Moozhikulam, Poovathussery, Cheriya Vappalassery, Valiya Vappalassery, Kizhakke Angadi, Nayathode Kavala, Akaparambu, Thekke Kidangoor, Vadakke Kidangoor, Peechanickad, Puliyanam, Elavoor, Vattaparambu, Karukutty, Paduvapuram, Kidangoor, Vengoor, Manjapra, L.F Kavala,Thuravoor, Aanappara, Vathakkadu, Yordanapuram, Josepuram, Kariyad, Mambra.
Pecularity of places around Angamaly SONA Travels is surrounded by 18 and ½ places which ends with 'serry', which were said to be the Viharams of Buddhists or Thiyyars who inhabited this region in the olden times and the places are-
Nedumbasserry, Aduvasserry, Palapprasserry, Kapprasserry, Kodusserry, Mallusserry, Padappasserry, Kurumasserry, Kannamkuzhysserry, Poovathusserry, Kunnappillysserry, Thuruthisserry, Puduvasserry, Kunnisserry, Poykattusserry, Karippasserry, Palisserry, Parambusserry, Vappalasserry (the half)
Angamali SONA Travels is enriched with cultural and devotional centres. Majority of the population are Hindus and Christians (Major denominations are Romo-Syrians (Catholics) and Jacobite Syrians. A small branch of Chalakkudy river flows through Angamali which is leading to Manjali. This 'thod' or canal actually starts from Manjapra and Karukutti and joins at Karyamparampu little north of town center and proceeds to Manjali through Mangatukara, Kodi(u)serry, Pallikkadavu, Chengamanad, Kunnukara etc. It is not at all a branch of River Chalakkudy. Angamaly was a major trade center even during the Maurya period (2-4th century BC) as is evidenced by the discovery of large number of North Indian Punch Marked Silver Coins of this period from Angamaly Railway Station area and Kodiserry. Main mode of transport from this Market town to ancient Muziris port was by water transport through Manjalithod. Angamali was a part of Ancient Muziris Trade center. At that time now dried-up Changalapuzha (started from Chengal and passed through Chengamanad-Thodalikkunnu, which was responsible for naming the Kodugallur port as Changala Azhi and Shingli) was flowing on the south of Angamali through Nedumbasserry.
Another major fact about Angamali is that it is the nearest town to the Cochin International Airport. Metro City Kochi is 34 km and Cultural City Thrissur is 45 km from this town.
The above places can be visited through SONA Travels
Quick Links - Book Bus Tickets from Angamaly
Quick Links - Book Bus Tickets to Angamaly
Book online bus tickets to Kannur By SONA Travels.
Kannur SONA Travels also known as Cannanore, is a city and a municipality in Kannur district in the Indian state of Kerala. It is the administrative headquarters of the district of Kannur. It is known as Land of Looms and Lores. During British rule in India, Kannur was known by its Portuguese name of Cannanore which is still in fairly common usage. This is the largest city of North Malabar. Kannur Municipality was established in 1867 and is one of the oldest municipalities in Kerala.
According to the data compiled by Indicus Analytics, a research firm, Kannur is one of the ten best cities in India to live. The parameters set by this firm are in the field of health, education, environment, safety, public facilities and entertainment for preparing the data.
Kannur SONA Travels is the fourth largest urban agglomeration in Kerala after Kochi, Thiruvananthapuram and Kozhikode, and has a population of 4,98,207. Kannur is known as the land of looms and lores, because of the loom industries functioning in the district and festivals held in temples. Kannur is famous for its pristine beaches; Theyyam, its native performing art; and its handloom industry.
Kannur SONA Travels is of great strategic military importance. It houses one of the 62 military cantonments in the country, the Kannur Cantonment, and is the current seat of the Defence Security Corps.
Places in Kannur by SONA Travels.
Kannur City Centre on Fort Road
Shenoy Centre on Fort Road
1) Indian Naval Academy It is Asia's largest naval academy located at Ezhimala which is approximately 35 km north of Kannur.
2) St. Angelo Fort It was built in 1505 by the first Portuguese Viceroy of India, Dom Francisco de Almeida. In 1663, the Dutch captured it and then in 1772, they sold the fort to the Arakkal King. In 1790, the British Captured it and it was under British until 1947.
3) Payyambalam Beach is a famous Kannur beach with an unbroken coastline of a few kilometres. From the beach, one can see ships in transit along the Malabar coast, from beyond Calicut (Kozhikode) moving towards Mangalore, Goa and Bombay (Mumbai). The well laid out garden and the massive landscaped sculpture of Mother and Child erected by noted sculptor Kanayi Kunhiraman makes it extremely captivating.
4) Arakkal Museum, located in Ayikkara, is a museum dedicated to the Arakkal family, the only Muslim royal family in Kerala, south India. The museum is actually a section of the Arakkalkettu (Arakkal Palace). The durbar hall section of the palace has been converted into a museum by the Government of Kerala. It was opened in July 2005 after a massive renovation work and is managed by the Arakkal Family Trust.
5) The Cannanore Lighthouse near the Sea View Park is another place of interest. The first lighthouse at Kannur was built in 1843 by the British at St. Angelo's Fort. Over the years, the lighthouse was renovated and in 1948, it was moved to the current location. The lighthouse is still in use.
6) The Cannanore Cantonment is one of the 62 cantonments in the country and the only one in Kerala. It was established by the British in the 19th century and is still an important location for Indian armed forces
7) The Defence Security Corps (DSC) Centre and DSC Records is located in Kannur town, on the road to Payyambalam Beach. The area is a part of the Cannanore Cantonment and is well-maintained by the Cantonment Board. The DSC centre at Kannur is the mother depot to all platoons in the country.
8) Baby Beach, so-called because it is smaller than its larger neighbour, Payyambalam Beach. St. Angelo Fort is adjacent to it. The baby beach is part of the Cannanore Cantonment and access may be restricted at times.
9) Meenkunnu Beach at Azhikode, just a few kilometres from the town.
10) Mopla Bay in Ayikkara, near the St. Angelo fort, is a major fishing harbor overlooking the Arabian Sea.
11) The Azhikkal Ferry — near Azhikode, about 10 km from Kannur town, where the Valapattanam river joins the Arabian sea. The Azhikkal ferry gives a magnificent view of the sunset. There is a granite pathway here which stretches 2 km into the sea.
12) The Kannur City Center is a prominent shopping center on Fort Road.
13) The Sea View Park, near the Payyambalam beach is overlooked by the Government Guest House. The Park is at an elevation from the sea level and gives a magnificent view of the sunset.
14) Kannur Central Bus Terminal,its Kerala's biggest bus terminal, located at Thavakkara,its also India's first bus terminal to be developed on a build-operate-transfer (BOT) basis.
15) Vismaya amusement park,the Vismaya amusement park is at Parassinikadavu, 17 km from Kannur town. The amusement park is located in 30 acres of land and can handle 3,000-3,500 visitors at a time.
16) Peralassery Subrahmanya Swami Kshetram, 14 km from Kannur on Koothuparamba Road. It has been believed that Lord Rama stayed here when he was going in search of Sita Devi.
17) Anjarakandy,Asias largest Cinanamon estate is here 18 km from Kannur which was established by East India company in 1797 as a cinnamon plantation. A historical war between Pazhassi raja and British army was fought out from here in the year 1803, Kannur Medical college is also located here .
18) Muzhappilangad beach - The biggest drive-in beach in Asia.
19) Parassinikadavu Sree Muthappan, - A beautiful kshetram (Temple) river side, Thousands of people visit there.
Thus the above places can be visited SONA Travels.
Quick Links - Book Bus Tickets from Kannur
Quick Links - Book Bus Tickets to Kannur
About SONA Travels: